The aims of the UK Multiscale Biology Summer School are to introduce:
- concepts of multiscale biology, data and modelling to a diverse audience;
- the main classes of mathematical frameworks used to model biological systems at several scales;
- important mathematical techniques used to tackle the intricacies of truly multi-scale phenomena;
- key computational tools for the simulation and analysis of multi-scale biological systems;
- successful case studies described by leading experts.
Examples will include applications to tissue growth, cancer, population dynamics, and plant and crop science.
Practical Sessions will take place each day, focusing on a progression of computational techniques relevant to the school.
Tutorials will include: Chaste, Morpheus, FEBio, OpenSimRoot.